SSM – serving our clients for over 120 years
In 1896, just 19 years after the first German patent act was passed in 1877, Bernhard Bomborn founded a law firm in Berlin. Our current SSM Sandmair Patentanwälte Rechtsanwalt Partnerschaft mbB developed from this law firm.
After 1945, the offices of the law firm were moved from Berlin to Munich, and from 1958 to 1967 the law firm was headed by Dr. Eule, Dr. Berg and Mr. Stapf. The firm’s recent history began in 1973 when Mr. Schwabe and Dr. Dr. Sandmair stepped into the firm as partners, renaming it to “Patentanwälte Dr. Berg, Dipl.-Ing. Stapf, Dipl.-Ing. Schwabe, Dr. Dr. Sandmair”.
In 1985 the firm was renamed Schwabe Sandmair Marx after Dr. Marx had joined the firm as a partner and Dr. Berg and Dipl.-Ing. Stapf retired.
In 2016, the law firm not only moved location within the city limits of Munich, but also changed the legal form of the law firm from a partnership under the civil code to a partnership with limited professional liability. The firm has been operating under its current name since 2018.